Welcome to the ST Accounting Website
Privacy and Data Protection Policy
- ST Accounting (“ST Accounting” or “we” or “our” or “us”) acts under Malaysia’s Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (the “PDPA”). The PDPA came into force in Malaysia with the objective of protecting the personal data of individuals with respect to commercial transactions. We recognize the importance of the personal data you have provided to us and believe that it is our responsibility to properly manage, protect and process your personal data. Please read this policy to understand what personal data is collected or processed by us, and for what purposes it is used.
- Personal data is defined in the PDPA as information that relates to a data subject who is identifiable from that information.
- The purpose of this policy is to inform you and provide you with an understanding of how we handle, collect, use, disclose and process your personal data. Any changes to this Privacy and Data Protection Policy are effective after posting to this website. We recommend you to check this page from time to time to be aware.
- By providing your personal data to us, you acknowledge and agree that you have fully read and understood this policy, and consent to the collection, use, processing and disclosure of your personal data as described in this policy.
II. Collection of Information
- To process your requests, we collect some personal information, such as:
- Full name
- Copy of NRIC
- Copy of passport or other identification documents
- Telephone number(s)
- Residential address
- Email address
- Other personal information required by government agencies
- Photo/video of yourself and your identification document
- We collect most of the personal data for the corporate services’ purposes and disclosure to the government agencies.
- Our website is set up to automatically collect anonymous information about visitors to help us understand our website visitors and their traffic patterns; to know when visitors have accessed our site, which devices our they use for statistical purposes and to improve our service.
- We will not share any information collected with any non-authorized third parties.
- We use email and social media accounts to communicate with clients regarding their requests and services provided.
- We will notify you in advance when we collect information for purposes other than those listed above.
- We disclose your personal and business information only with government bodies for corporate and legal purposes as an organization in the course of acting on behalf of public agencies.
- Other than those individuals and entities listed below, your Personal Information will not be revealed by ST Accounting to any external body, unless ST Accounting has your permission, or is under either a legal obligation or any other duty to do so. The information provided by you may be disclosed by ST Accounting to:
- regulatory authorities;
- lawyers/accountants/auditors or other advisors of ST Accounting;
- third party service providers;
- any agents acting on our behalf; and
- other retailers/business partners/credit information companies/bureaus for the purpose of credit evaluation and debt recovery/collection.
IV. Retention Limitation
- PDPA requires us to retain your documents containing personal data as long as we have:
- Specific business requirements of services we provide to you;
- The obligation under the law to save the data even after our business relationship is over.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to secure the information.
ST Accounting is open to sharing information about its data protection practices, policies and complaints processes upon request.